Montevertine, Le Pergole Torte, Toscana IGT, 2015
Free delivery on orders over £150. Delivery in 1 - 3 business days from collection.
Cart 0
Single bottle of Red wine Montevertine, Le Pergole Torte, Toscana IGT, 2015 85% Sangiovese

Le Pergole Torte
Toscana IGT

Regular price £319.00 £0.00 Unit price per
Including duty and VAT.

The producer

For Montevertine Sangiovese constitutes approximately 90% of the total vines planted. The remaining 10% is made up of Colorino and Canaiolo. The planting density is 5000 vines per hectare in the vineyards planted since 1997 and 3200 vines per hectare in the previous ones.

The vines are trained with the Guyot system in the older vineyards and with spurred cordon in the new plantings. Since the 2009 vintage they have undertaken totally organic management of the vineyards. The rows are kept grassed and compost produced on the farm is used for fertilization. The defence of the vine is entrusted to the use of copper and powdered sulphur.

In their history they have never planted alternative grape varieties to their traditional Sangiovese, Canaiolo and Colorino. Their concept is to produce a wine that fully reflects the identity of their land and we believe they excel at doing this.

The wine

Produced for the first time in the 1977 vintage, it was the first pure Sangiovese vinified in the area of ​​Radda in Chianti. The grapes come from their historic vineyards, planted between 1968 and 1999. It matures for one year in Allier barriques and one year in Slavonian oak barrels.

Type: Red
Vintage: 2015
Country: Italy
Region: Tuscany
Sub region: Toscana IGT
Grape: 100% Sangiovese
Style: Bold and Structured
Sweetness: Dry
ABV: 14%
Drinking window: 2020 - 2050
Size: 750ml
Food match: Beef and Venison

We choose our wines based on a range of criteria (see how we choose our wines) of which critic scores is just one. Rather than simply highlight the best score to promote a wine, our average critic score is calculated from the scores provided by several respected wine critics, who we follow for specific regions. They do not represent all critic scores and, wherever possible, we try and give more weight to more recent reviews. Where appropriate we consider market-based scores like Global Wine Score or Wine Searcher Average scores.

As a rule, we look to offer wines that achieve a 92/100 average critic score or better and frankly a lot of very good wines simply don’t make the cut. As a high-end provider we want to reflect that positioning in the quality of wines we offer. Such wines are only a tiny fraction of those generally on offer in the market. We believe that an average score is a more conservative and representative approach, but it is still subjective and only offered as a guide to our customers, who will (and should) do their own research. We will add individual critic scores to our website in the future. 

Delivery options

Share this Product